CAIRO Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi approved an army call for holding national unity talks in a bid to end a political crisis, a presidency official said on Tuesday.
Refa'a Al-Tahtawy, Mursi's presidential chief of staff, made the comment to Al Jazeera television. The talks are due to take place on Wednesday.
(Writing by Edmund Blair)
Trending On Reuters
Malaysia said on Sunday that airplane debris that washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion has been identified as being from a Boeing 777, the same model as a Malaysian Airlines plane which vanished last year. Full Article
- Mullah Omar's family does not endorse new Taliban leader - statement
- Merkel's German conservatives set sights on absolute majority
- Kerry says United States, Egypt return to "stronger base" in ties
- Italy coast guard rescues 1,800 sea migrants, five found dead
- 13 hurt in shooting outside New York City house party