November exports fall 4 percent, imports soar
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's exports fell 4 percent to $22.3 billion in November, while imports jumped to $41.5 billion, leaving a trade deficit of $19.3 billion, a trade ministry official said on Tuesday.
Exports between April and November fell 6 percent to $189 billion.
Oil imports rose 16.8 percent to $14.5 billion, the official said.
(Reporting By Frank Jack Daniel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'
- Exclusive - India set to run out of critical free drug for HIV/AIDS programme
- Column: Why work with Modi? It’s the economy, stupid
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article