Quake hits near Indonesian islands of Moluccas
REUTERS - A 5.8 magnitude earthquake struck near the Indonesian islands of the Moluccas on Tuesday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake, centred 118 km (73 miles) west of Ternate in the Moluccas, struck at a depth of 33 km at 0618 GMT, the USGS said in a preliminary report. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
(Reporting by Lincoln Feast; Editing by Nick Macfie)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Kentucky firefighter critical after ice bucket challenge mishap
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Oil ministry to seek Cabinet nod on diesel deregulation - sources
- WHO warns of 'shadow zones' and unreported Ebola cases
Badaun Rape Case
The Central Bureau of Investigation is analysing a forensic report that found that two teenage girls, earlier believed to have been raped before they were murdered, were not sexually assaulted. Full Article
First pictures of Taj Mahal to ‘Hairy family of Burma’: subcontinent photos from 1850-1910. Full Article