Quake hits near Indonesian islands of Moluccas
REUTERS - A 5.8 magnitude earthquake struck near the Indonesian islands of the Moluccas on Tuesday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake, centred 118 km (73 miles) west of Ternate in the Moluccas, struck at a depth of 33 km at 0618 GMT, the USGS said in a preliminary report. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
(Reporting by Lincoln Feast; Editing by Nick Macfie)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
- UPDATE 2-Motor racing-Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Reuters Poll - India's growth pace to pick up as reforms draw investment
PM Meets The Press
Prime Minister Narendra Modi took tea, but no questions, on Saturday at his first staged meeting with the press since coming to power five months ago, underscoring the delicate relationship he has with the fourth estate. Full Article
Three major nations absent as China launches World Bank rival in Asia Full Article