Quake hits near Indonesian islands of Moluccas
REUTERS - A 5.8 magnitude earthquake struck near the Indonesian islands of the Moluccas on Tuesday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake, centred 118 km (73 miles) west of Ternate in the Moluccas, struck at a depth of 33 km at 0618 GMT, the USGS said in a preliminary report. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
(Reporting by Lincoln Feast; Editing by Nick Macfie)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. Treasury moves against tax-avoidance 'inversion' deals
- Chinese and Indian troops in Himalayan standoff
- India withdraws regulator's power to cap non-essential drug prices
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria
Hundreds of Indian and Chinese troops have dug into positions on the Ladakh plateau, leading India's army chief to cancel a foreign trip and monitor a standoff that underscores deep differences between the Asian giants as they seek closer ties. Full Article
China court sentences Uighur scholar to life in prison for separatism. Full Article
India withdraws pharma pricing regulator's power to cap non-essential drug prices. Full Article