NMDC gains as Barclays upgrade offsets auction price concerns
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in state-run miner NMDC gain 2.9 percent, recovering from an earlier fall of 2.7 percent, with Barclays' upgrade of the stock offsetting concerns over the auction floor price for the company's share issue.
Barclays raised NMDC to 'overweight' from 'underweight' late on Monday, citing favourable pricing dynamics in domestic iron ore markets.
The investment bank also raised its 12-month price target on NMDC to 210 rupees from 173 rupees.
Barclays said the falling domestic output of iron ore because of caps and restrictions in some Indian states could increase imports of the commodity, bringing domestic prices in line with seaborne prices.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- UPDATE 8-Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- China tells foreign countries not to meddle in Hong Kong
BACK IN JAIL
Subrata Roy, the jailed chief of India's Sahara conglomerate, is back in a cell after living in a makeshift prison office for two months as he tried to negotiate the sale of his luxury hotels, a jail official said. Full Article
Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle. Full Article
Diageo bars United Breweries from appointing independent director at United Spirits. Full Article