NMDC gains as Barclays upgrade offsets auction price concerns
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in state-run miner NMDC gain 2.9 percent, recovering from an earlier fall of 2.7 percent, with Barclays' upgrade of the stock offsetting concerns over the auction floor price for the company's share issue.
Barclays raised NMDC to 'overweight' from 'underweight' late on Monday, citing favourable pricing dynamics in domestic iron ore markets.
The investment bank also raised its 12-month price target on NMDC to 210 rupees from 173 rupees.
Barclays said the falling domestic output of iron ore because of caps and restrictions in some Indian states could increase imports of the commodity, bringing domestic prices in line with seaborne prices.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Several Arab countries offer to join air campaign on Islamic State, say U.S. officials
- Islamic State executes eight Sunnis in northern Iraq
- With eye on China, India to develop disputed border region
- Wall St Week Ahead - Fed change unlikely to blunt equities' appeal over bonds
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine - defence minister
Xi's South Asia Visit
China will pledge to invest billions of dollars in India's rail network during a visit by President Xi Jinping this week, bringing more than diplomatic nicety to the neighbours' first summit since Narendra Modi became prime minister in May. Full Article | Video