NMDC gains as Barclays upgrade offsets auction price concerns
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in state-run miner NMDC gain 2.9 percent, recovering from an earlier fall of 2.7 percent, with Barclays' upgrade of the stock offsetting concerns over the auction floor price for the company's share issue.
Barclays raised NMDC to 'overweight' from 'underweight' late on Monday, citing favourable pricing dynamics in domestic iron ore markets.
The investment bank also raised its 12-month price target on NMDC to 210 rupees from 173 rupees.
Barclays said the falling domestic output of iron ore because of caps and restrictions in some Indian states could increase imports of the commodity, bringing domestic prices in line with seaborne prices.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Analysis - Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors
- U.S. gasoline prices tumble on back of refinery cuts- Lundberg survey
- 'Lucy,' 'Hercules' beat expectations at U.S. weekend box offices
- U.S. diplomats' return to Libya could be more hazardous than exit
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
New Prime Minister Narendra Modi is facing criticism for remaining silent about incidents deemed anti-Muslim in the past week, underscoring fears that his Hindu nationalist followers will upset religious relations in the multi-faith nation. Full Article