NMDC gains as Barclays upgrade offsets auction price concerns
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in state-run miner NMDC gain 2.9 percent, recovering from an earlier fall of 2.7 percent, with Barclays' upgrade of the stock offsetting concerns over the auction floor price for the company's share issue.
Barclays raised NMDC to 'overweight' from 'underweight' late on Monday, citing favourable pricing dynamics in domestic iron ore markets.
The investment bank also raised its 12-month price target on NMDC to 210 rupees from 173 rupees.
Barclays said the falling domestic output of iron ore because of caps and restrictions in some Indian states could increase imports of the commodity, bringing domestic prices in line with seaborne prices.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups
- Banks pile pressure on liquor baron Mallya over airline loans
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter
Optimism that sunny growth figures herald an economic revival in India is probably misplaced - in fact there is little hard evidence to support the idea that Asia's third-largest economy is heading for a broader and sustained rebound anytime soon. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups. Full Article