NMDC gains as Barclays upgrade offsets auction price concerns
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in state-run miner NMDC gain 2.9 percent, recovering from an earlier fall of 2.7 percent, with Barclays' upgrade of the stock offsetting concerns over the auction floor price for the company's share issue.
Barclays raised NMDC to 'overweight' from 'underweight' late on Monday, citing favourable pricing dynamics in domestic iron ore markets.
The investment bank also raised its 12-month price target on NMDC to 210 rupees from 173 rupees.
Barclays said the falling domestic output of iron ore because of caps and restrictions in some Indian states could increase imports of the commodity, bringing domestic prices in line with seaborne prices.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Indian firms tool up for defence orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- US STOCKS-Wall St to open up after jobless claims data; Jackson Hole ahead
- Insight - As Ukraine forces gain in east, focus of German diplomacy shifts
Government officials painted an upbeat picture for the economy on Thursday as it struggles to emerge from the longest spell of sub-par growth in decades and promised to tighten up risk management at the country's dominant state banks. Full Article