NMDC gains as Barclays upgrade offsets auction price concerns
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in state-run miner NMDC gain 2.9 percent, recovering from an earlier fall of 2.7 percent, with Barclays' upgrade of the stock offsetting concerns over the auction floor price for the company's share issue.
Barclays raised NMDC to 'overweight' from 'underweight' late on Monday, citing favourable pricing dynamics in domestic iron ore markets.
The investment bank also raised its 12-month price target on NMDC to 210 rupees from 173 rupees.
Barclays said the falling domestic output of iron ore because of caps and restrictions in some Indian states could increase imports of the commodity, bringing domestic prices in line with seaborne prices.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Three major nations absent as China launches W.Bank rival in Asia
- Gold sales jump about 20 pct for Diwali - trade body
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- ISL probes allegation of assault on Pires
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article