NMDC share sale floor price set at 147 rupees
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The floor price for the sale of shares in state miner NMDC Ltd(NMDC.NS) has been set at 147 rupees a share, a finance ministry official said on Tuesday, in a deal that could raise $1.1 billion for the deficit-strapped government.
The government plans to sell a 5 percent stake in lignite miner and power generator Neyveli Lignite (NELG.NS) in March or April next year, said the finance ministry official, declining to be named as he was not authorised to speak to the media.
The NMDC share sale, part of the government's divestment programme to raise $5.5 billion by next March, will open on Wednesday morning and close later in the day. The government, which owns 90 percent of NMDC, will sell a 10 percent stake. (Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Bajaj Auto says union at Chakan plant plans work stoppage
- Japan will conduct Pacific whale hunt in wake of court ruling
- S.Korea ferry captain rushed back to bridge as ship listed - crewman
- Drone risks damage at record depth in search for Malaysian plane
The Election Commission has lifted a ban on a top aide of Hindu nationalist opposition leader Narendra Modi that had threatened to hobble his efforts to win votes in the country's most populous state. Full Article | Full Coverage