NMDC share sale floor price set at 147 rupees
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The floor price for the sale of shares in state miner NMDC Ltd(NMDC.NS) has been set at 147 rupees a share, a finance ministry official said on Tuesday, in a deal that could raise $1.1 billion for the deficit-strapped government.
The government plans to sell a 5 percent stake in lignite miner and power generator Neyveli Lignite (NELG.NS) in March or April next year, said the finance ministry official, declining to be named as he was not authorised to speak to the media.
The NMDC share sale, part of the government's divestment programme to raise $5.5 billion by next March, will open on Wednesday morning and close later in the day. The government, which owns 90 percent of NMDC, will sell a 10 percent stake. (Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Boehner erupts at conservative groups ahead of U.S. budget vote
- UPDATE 2-Hawaii official who released Obama birth certificate dies in plane crash
- Republican feud boils over in U.S. budget deal fight
- US STOCKS-Wall St drops on taper anxiety; Facebook rallies
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
India's battle with inflation and weak economic growth became more challenging on Thursday with a sharp spike in the cost of food driving the highest retail price rises on record and a worse-than-anticipated contraction in industrial production. Full Article