Nifty futures breach key 6,000 level
Reuters Market Eye - December futures contract for the Nifty crosses the psychologically key level of 6,000 points for the first time since January 7, 2011, extending a rally after recent reform measures were cleared by parliament.
Dealers say the milestone in futures bodes well for the Nifty which has risen 27.8 percent in 2012 as of Monday's close.
Passage of banking reforms bill, due to be voted on Tuesday, and other measures would be key for sustaining the rally that has seen India outperforming BRICs by a wide margin in 2012 so far, dealers add.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- Maker of U.S. highway guardrails stops shipments over safety concerns
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin - source
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley favours a cut in interest rates to trigger demand in the construction sector, a newspaper report said on Saturday, but the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has signalled it will not ease policy until it is confident of lower inflation. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article