Nifty futures breach key 6,000 level
Reuters Market Eye - December futures contract for the Nifty crosses the psychologically key level of 6,000 points for the first time since January 7, 2011, extending a rally after recent reform measures were cleared by parliament.
Dealers say the milestone in futures bodes well for the Nifty which has risen 27.8 percent in 2012 as of Monday's close.
Passage of banking reforms bill, due to be voted on Tuesday, and other measures would be key for sustaining the rally that has seen India outperforming BRICs by a wide margin in 2012 so far, dealers add.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alibaba surges 38 pct on massive demand in market debut
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- UPDATE 3-Ebola lockdown brings Sierra Leone capital to a halt
- Kurdish leader urges world to protect Syrian town from Islamic State
- UPDATE 9-Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins
India has capped the prices of 36 drugs, including those used to treat infections and diabetes, in its latest move to make essential medicines more affordable, a senior official of the country's drug pricing authority told Reuters on Friday. Full Article
Top rice exporter India importing over 100,000 T on temporary supply squeeze. Full Article