Nifty futures breach key 6,000 level
Reuters Market Eye - December futures contract for the Nifty crosses the psychologically key level of 6,000 points for the first time since January 7, 2011, extending a rally after recent reform measures were cleared by parliament.
Dealers say the milestone in futures bodes well for the Nifty which has risen 27.8 percent in 2012 as of Monday's close.
Passage of banking reforms bill, due to be voted on Tuesday, and other measures would be key for sustaining the rally that has seen India outperforming BRICs by a wide margin in 2012 so far, dealers add.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- New NATO leader offers olive branch to Russia
- Brookfield wins Revel Casino auction, but loser vows to fight
- Billionaire Detroit business leader says "blight is like a cancer"
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX fall gets deeper as financial, energy shares drag
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article