Nifty futures breach key 6,000 level
Reuters Market Eye - December futures contract for the Nifty crosses the psychologically key level of 6,000 points for the first time since January 7, 2011, extending a rally after recent reform measures were cleared by parliament.
Dealers say the milestone in futures bodes well for the Nifty which has risen 27.8 percent in 2012 as of Monday's close.
Passage of banking reforms bill, due to be voted on Tuesday, and other measures would be key for sustaining the rally that has seen India outperforming BRICs by a wide margin in 2012 so far, dealers add.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters
- Malaysia Airlines says "fearing the worst" for missing jet
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
- Malaysia probing two more passengers on missing flight - source
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast on Saturday, and European officials said two people on board were using false identities. Full Article