Nifty futures breach key 6,000 level
Reuters Market Eye - December futures contract for the Nifty crosses the psychologically key level of 6,000 points for the first time since January 7, 2011, extending a rally after recent reform measures were cleared by parliament.
Dealers say the milestone in futures bodes well for the Nifty which has risen 27.8 percent in 2012 as of Monday's close.
Passage of banking reforms bill, due to be voted on Tuesday, and other measures would be key for sustaining the rally that has seen India outperforming BRICs by a wide margin in 2012 so far, dealers add.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Indian economy warms in after-glow of Modi's triumph
- Catalina Island in California suffers damage from Hurricane Marie
- Takeda, Lilly lose bid to overturn $9 billion award for hiding cancer risk
- Tennis - Dream run over for Bellis as big guns advance
Half of India's thermal power stations have less than a week's supply of coal on hand, according to weekly data, the lowest level since mid-2012 when millions of people were left without power in one of the world's worst blackouts. Full Article
In race for bigger margins, drug makers willing to lose the India "advantage". Full Article