Financials gain on hopes for banking bill
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of non-banking financial companies gain on hopes parliament will pass the banking amendment bill after Finance Minister P. Chidambaram says the government has reached an agreement with the opposition.
The bill would set the regulations required to open up the lending sector to outside companies.
Companies that investors believe will be among the first to obtain a license gain strongly: L&T Finance Holdings (LTFH.NS) gains 4.9 percent, Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services (MMFS.NS) gains 3.8 percent, while Reliance Capital (RLCP.NS) is up 4.5 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis
- Comedian Joan Rivers remains in serious condition at N.Y. hospital
- UPDATE 4-Iceland says eruption over, lifts all airspace restrictions
- UPDATE 2-U.S. slaps more sanctions on Iranian banks, firms
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
India's economy grew by a faster-than-expected 5.7 percent in the three months through June, its fastest pace in two-and-a- half years, helped by a rebound in manufacturing and mining sectors, government data showed on Friday. Full Article
Exclusive: Reliance plans $13 billion projects including new refinery. Full Article
In race for bigger margins, drug makers willing to lose the India "advantage". Full Article