Financials gain on hopes for banking bill
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of non-banking financial companies gain on hopes parliament will pass the banking amendment bill after Finance Minister P. Chidambaram says the government has reached an agreement with the opposition.
The bill would set the regulations required to open up the lending sector to outside companies.
Companies that investors believe will be among the first to obtain a license gain strongly: L&T Finance Holdings (LTFH.NS) gains 4.9 percent, Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services (MMFS.NS) gains 3.8 percent, while Reliance Capital (RLCP.NS) is up 4.5 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Xi sees factory China and back office India as global engine
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- Pakistani Islamists use floods to turn opinion against India
- China c.bank injects $81 billion into major banks to support economy - reports
A combination of the "world's factory" and the "world's back office" will drive global economic growth, Chinese President Xi Jinping said ahead of a rare visit to India on Wednesday, playing down mistrust that has kept the Asian giants apart. Full Article
China cenbank injects $81 bln into major banks to support economy - reports Full Article