RBI deputy says notification on rupee-infra bonds soon
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The government is expected to notify on reducing withholding tax on rupee-denominated infrastructure bonds soon, the Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor H.R. Khan said.
Khan was speaking at an event organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry.
He also said the central bank was considering whether foreign investors can be allowed to participate in currency futures trading.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Rupee hits 7-month high as custodian banks sell dollars
- UPDATE 2-Pizza chain Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- U.S. top court declines to hear 'I (heart sign) boobies' case
- REFILE-UPDATE 1-China urges Malaysia to speed up plane search
The BSE Sensex ended up slightly on Monday after rising to a record high for a third consecutive session as strong foreign buying continued to boost domestic-focused shares such as those of HDFC Bank, but momentum waned as exporters slumped on a stronger currency. Full Article