RBI deputy says notification on rupee-infra bonds soon
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The government is expected to notify on reducing withholding tax on rupee-denominated infrastructure bonds soon, the Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor H.R. Khan said.
Khan was speaking at an event organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry.
He also said the central bank was considering whether foreign investors can be allowed to participate in currency futures trading.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India withdraws regulator's power to cap non-essential drug prices
- U.S. Treasury moves against tax-avoidance 'inversion' deals
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- PM Modi to get rock star reception in New York
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria
India has withdrawn the drug pricing authority's powers that allowed it to fix the prices of medicines not deemed essential, after its decision to impose price caps on more than 100 drugs in July triggered industry protests. Article