RBI deputy says notification on rupee-infra bonds soon
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The government is expected to notify on reducing withholding tax on rupee-denominated infrastructure bonds soon, the Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor H.R. Khan said.
Khan was speaking at an event organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry.
He also said the central bank was considering whether foreign investors can be allowed to participate in currency futures trading.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
The BSE Sensex and Nifty on Friday rose to their second consecutive record highs. The 30-share Sensex surged as much as 1.52 percent to an all-time high of 27,762.13. The broader Nifty gained as much as 1.49 percent to a record of 8,291.65. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article