RBI deputy says notification on rupee-infra bonds soon
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The government is expected to notify on reducing withholding tax on rupee-denominated infrastructure bonds soon, the Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor H.R. Khan said.
Khan was speaking at an event organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry.
He also said the central bank was considering whether foreign investors can be allowed to participate in currency futures trading.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- India Inc happy with Modi, but holding back on investment: poll
- Modi to launch plan for every Indian household to have bank account
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt wed in France - media reports
- UPDATE 2-Blast shakes BP's largest US refinery at Whiting, Indiana -local media
Prime Minister Narendra Modi promised on Thursday to end "financial untouchability" with a scheme to ensure the majority of households in his country of nearly 1.3 billion people has a bank account within months. Full Article
Adani buys Australia coal mine royalty rights from Linc for $145 million Full Article