Consumer price inflation at 9.9 percent in November
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's annual consumer price inflation accelerated to 9.9 percent in November from the previous month, government data showed on Wednesday.
India's retail inflation is the highest among the BRICS group of emerging economies - Brazil, Russia, China, and South Africa - and is above what the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) calls its comfort level.
Food prices for consumers rose by 11.81 percent in November from 11.43 percent in October.
(Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Teen who stowed away on flight to Hawaii remains hospitalized
- REFILE-Divers feel with their hands for corpses in cold depths of South Korean ferry
- Comcast nears deal with Charter on $18-$20 bln in divestitures -source
- Rupee weakens past 61/dollar to one-month low
- Malaysia flight's co-pilot tried to make cellphone call - report