Rupee gains after strong output data
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee rises to 54.18/19 after data shows industrial output jumped 8.2 percent in October, well above Reuters forecast for a 4.5 percent rise. The pair was trading at around 54.24/25 before the data.
(Full story here)
Other markets show more muted reaction, given output data is known for its volatility. Investors also waiting to see the monthly inflation data due on Friday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
- Japan PM's new minister hit by scandal over racy bar bill
- India hope to get boxer Sarita Devi's suspension reversed
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article