Rupee gains after strong output data
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee rises to 54.18/19 after data shows industrial output jumped 8.2 percent in October, well above Reuters forecast for a 4.5 percent rise. The pair was trading at around 54.24/25 before the data.
(Full story here)
Other markets show more muted reaction, given output data is known for its volatility. Investors also waiting to see the monthly inflation data due on Friday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups
- Banks pile pressure on liquor baron Mallya over airline loans
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter
Optimism that sunny growth figures herald an economic revival in India is probably misplaced - in fact there is little hard evidence to support the idea that Asia's third-largest economy is heading for a broader and sustained rebound anytime soon. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups. Full Article