Rupee gains after strong output data
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee rises to 54.18/19 after data shows industrial output jumped 8.2 percent in October, well above Reuters forecast for a 4.5 percent rise. The pair was trading at around 54.24/25 before the data.
(Full story here)
Other markets show more muted reaction, given output data is known for its volatility. Investors also waiting to see the monthly inflation data due on Friday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India says Pakistan border clashes "extremely serious and provocative"
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Blind enormously proud to be a Red Devil
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions
- Alibaba aims to launch share sale in early September-source
A day after the best economic growth figures in more than two years greeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi's first three months in office, the finance minister on Saturday predicted faster growth to come. Full Article
Exclusive: Reliance plans $13 billion projects including new refinery. Full Article