Rupee gains after strong output data
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee rises to 54.18/19 after data shows industrial output jumped 8.2 percent in October, well above Reuters forecast for a 4.5 percent rise. The pair was trading at around 54.24/25 before the data.
(Full story here)
Other markets show more muted reaction, given output data is known for its volatility. Investors also waiting to see the monthly inflation data due on Friday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- Seven arrests made in $1.6 million StubHub cyberfraud case |
- Facebook beats Wall Street targets, stock hits record high |
- UPDATE 3-Seven arrested internationally in $1.6 million StubHub fraud
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
India will not support a trade facilitation protocol ahead of a July 31 deadline unless its concerns about subsidies are met, two senior government officials said on Wednesday, sticking to a hard line critics say could derail a landmark global trade deal. Full Article
Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers Full Article
Honda's India unit to account for 25 pct of Asia Pacific sales by March 2017 - exec Full Article