Rupee gains after strong output data
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee rises to 54.18/19 after data shows industrial output jumped 8.2 percent in October, well above Reuters forecast for a 4.5 percent rise. The pair was trading at around 54.24/25 before the data.
(Full story here)
Other markets show more muted reaction, given output data is known for its volatility. Investors also waiting to see the monthly inflation data due on Friday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alibaba surges 38 pct on massive demand in market debut
- UPDATE 3-Ebola lockdown brings Sierra Leone capital to a halt
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- UPDATE 9-Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins
India has capped the prices of 36 drugs, including those used to treat infections and diabetes, in its latest move to make essential medicines more affordable, a senior official of the country's drug pricing authority told Reuters on Friday. Full Article
Top rice exporter India importing over 100,000 T on temporary supply squeeze. Full Article