Rupee gains after strong output data
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee rises to 54.18/19 after data shows industrial output jumped 8.2 percent in October, well above Reuters forecast for a 4.5 percent rise. The pair was trading at around 54.24/25 before the data.
(Full story here)
Other markets show more muted reaction, given output data is known for its volatility. Investors also waiting to see the monthly inflation data due on Friday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Best Buy CEO says tablet sales are "crashing" - Re/code
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip
- UPDATE 2-Hyundai recalls 883,000 Sonata sedans in U.S. for transmission issue
- Kerry presses India on global trade deal as deadline looms
- A minute with: Chris Pratt on going from slob to film heartthrob
Kerry in India
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, who arrived in India on Wednesday for an official visit, has pressed New Delhi to drop its opposition to global trade reforms, saying it was a test of the country's commitment to advance economic liberalisation. Full Article | Slideshow