Euro rises to near 8-month high versus yen
LONDON Dec 12 (Reuters) - The euro rose to its highest in nearly eight months on Wednesday, with the Japanese currency under broad pressure on talk of more aggressive monetary easing after a likely victory of the Liberal Democratic Party in an election on Sunday.
The euro rose 0.6 percent to 107.975, its highest level since mid-April. Traders cited option barriers at 108 yen and 108.25 yen.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Japan's NTT DoCoMo to exit India telecoms joint venture - sources
- Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Nokia to name Rajeev Suri as next CEO on Tuesday - report
- BREAKINGVIEWS-Review: India's Singh wasn't king, Modi could be
- Met office sees below-average monsoon in 2014
India's biggest carmaker reported a 35.5 percent fall in fourth-quarter profit, missing estimates, as potential car buyers postponed their purchases and waited for a slowing economy to pick up. Full Article