Euro rises to near 8-month high versus yen
LONDON Dec 12 (Reuters) - The euro rose to its highest in nearly eight months on Wednesday, with the Japanese currency under broad pressure on talk of more aggressive monetary easing after a likely victory of the Liberal Democratic Party in an election on Sunday.
The euro rose 0.6 percent to 107.975, its highest level since mid-April. Traders cited option barriers at 108 yen and 108.25 yen.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- UPDATE 6-Libya threatens to bomb N.Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
- Michigan woman dead for six years found only after money runs out
- WRAPUP 3-Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast on Saturday, and European officials said two people on board were using false identities. Full Article