US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street opens higher ahead of Fed announcement
NEW YORK Dec 12 (Reuters) - Wall Street opened higher on Wednesday, after five straight days of gains, as investors anticipated the U.S. Federal Reserve will announce a fresh stimulus plan to support the economy at the end of a two-day monetary policy meeting.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 25.24 points, or 0.19 percent, to 13,273.68. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index added 3.72 points, or 0.26 percent, to 1,431.56. The Nasdaq Composite Index climbed 9.97 points, or 0.33 percent, to 3,032.27.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Rupee hits 7-month high as custodian banks sell dollars
- UPDATE 2-Pizza chain Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- U.S. top court declines to hear 'I (heart sign) boobies' case
- REFILE-UPDATE 1-China urges Malaysia to speed up plane search