Shia LaBeouf to make Broadway debut in 'Orphans'
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Hollywood star Shia LaBeouf will make his Broadway debut as a petty thief opposite Alec Baldwin in a revival of the play "Orphans," press representatives for the play's producers said on Tuesday.
LaBeouf, 26, who starred in such big-budget movies as "Indiana Jones" and the "Transformers" franchise films, will take to the Broadway stage playing Treat, a thief supporting his younger brother. Baldwin will playing an older gangster, Harold, in Lyle Kessler's play that premiered in 1983.
The new production of the drama, which has seen previous incarnations in Los Angeles, Chicago, and London as well as being made into a movie, will open on Broadway in April.
(Reporting By Christine Kearney, editing by Cynthia Osterman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'
- Exclusive - India set to run out of critical free drug for HIV/AIDS programme
- Column: Why work with Modi? It’s the economy, stupid
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day
Paris Fashion Week
Tracy Morgan incredulous that Wal-Mart blames him for accident injuries. Full Article