Tech Mahindra gains on share block sale price
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Tech Mahindra(TEML.NS) rose as much as 4.9 percent on Wednesday after a block sale of 9.3 million shares, widely seen as coming from BT (BT.L), fetched a higher-than-expected price.
BT was set to sell its 9.1 percent stake in the Indian IT services provider on Wednesday at a floor price of 855 rupees, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.
The National Stock Exchange reported on Wednesday a block sale at 871 rupees per share. The exchange did not name the seller, but traders widely attributed it to BT.
Tech Mahindra shares were up 4.3 percent as of 9:28 a.m.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Rafael Nam;Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Sensex surges past 27,000 to third consecutive life high
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Putin comment on "taking Kiev in 2 weeks" taken out of context - aide
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article