Tech Mahindra gains on share block sale price
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Tech Mahindra(TEML.NS) rose as much as 4.9 percent on Wednesday after a block sale of 9.3 million shares, widely seen as coming from BT (BT.L), fetched a higher-than-expected price.
BT was set to sell its 9.1 percent stake in the Indian IT services provider on Wednesday at a floor price of 855 rupees, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.
The National Stock Exchange reported on Wednesday a block sale at 871 rupees per share. The exchange did not name the seller, but traders widely attributed it to BT.
Tech Mahindra shares were up 4.3 percent as of 9:28 a.m.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Rafael Nam;Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. diplomats' return to Libya could be more hazardous than exit
- Australia approves Adani's $16 bln Carmichael coal project
- Analysis - Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
- Reliance Power to buy Jaiprakash's hydropower business
The Australian government on Monday approved Indian firm Adani Mining Pty Ltd's $15.5 billion Carmichael coal and rail project in Queensland, subject to strict conditions to protect groundwater. Full Article