Tech Mahindra gains on share block sale price
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Tech Mahindra(TEML.NS) rose as much as 4.9 percent on Wednesday after a block sale of 9.3 million shares, widely seen as coming from BT (BT.L), fetched a higher-than-expected price.
BT was set to sell its 9.1 percent stake in the Indian IT services provider on Wednesday at a floor price of 855 rupees, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.
The National Stock Exchange reported on Wednesday a block sale at 871 rupees per share. The exchange did not name the seller, but traders widely attributed it to BT.
Tech Mahindra shares were up 4.3 percent as of 9:28 a.m.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Rafael Nam;Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source
- Ebola outbreaks in Nigeria, Senegal, appear contained: CDC reports
- UPDATE 2-EU-Russia gas duel deepens with Slovakia supply cut
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article