Tech Mahindra gains on share block sale price
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Tech Mahindra(TEML.NS) rose as much as 4.9 percent on Wednesday after a block sale of 9.3 million shares, widely seen as coming from BT (BT.L), fetched a higher-than-expected price.
BT was set to sell its 9.1 percent stake in the Indian IT services provider on Wednesday at a floor price of 855 rupees, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.
The National Stock Exchange reported on Wednesday a block sale at 871 rupees per share. The exchange did not name the seller, but traders widely attributed it to BT.
Tech Mahindra shares were up 4.3 percent as of 9:28 a.m.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Rafael Nam;Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, knocks out power to most area |
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- India tightens Vietnam defence, oil ties ahead of China's Xi's visit
- India says to defend China border after standoff ahead of Xi visit
- Nikkei drops as investors await Fed outcome; SoftBank soars
India will decide on ending government control on diesel pricing after elections in two states next month, an oil ministry source said, even though local prices of the fuel are currently higher than the global rates, making a case for a cut in retail prices. Full Article
India says to defend China border after standoff ahead of Xi visit. Full Article