Tech Mahindra gains on share block sale price
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Tech Mahindra(TEML.NS) rose as much as 4.9 percent on Wednesday after a block sale of 9.3 million shares, widely seen as coming from BT (BT.L), fetched a higher-than-expected price.
BT was set to sell its 9.1 percent stake in the Indian IT services provider on Wednesday at a floor price of 855 rupees, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.
The National Stock Exchange reported on Wednesday a block sale at 871 rupees per share. The exchange did not name the seller, but traders widely attributed it to BT.
Tech Mahindra shares were up 4.3 percent as of 9:28 a.m.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Rafael Nam;Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- Lax security in focus after attack at Canada's parliament
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article