Tech Mahindra gains on share block sale price
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Tech Mahindra(TEML.NS) rose as much as 4.9 percent on Wednesday after a block sale of 9.3 million shares, widely seen as coming from BT (BT.L), fetched a higher-than-expected price.
BT was set to sell its 9.1 percent stake in the Indian IT services provider on Wednesday at a floor price of 855 rupees, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.
The National Stock Exchange reported on Wednesday a block sale at 871 rupees per share. The exchange did not name the seller, but traders widely attributed it to BT.
Tech Mahindra shares were up 4.3 percent as of 9:28 a.m.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Rafael Nam;Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- India Inc happy with Modi, but holding back on investment: poll
- Modi to launch plan for every Indian household to have bank account
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt wed in France - media reports
- UPDATE 2-Blast shakes BP's largest US refinery at Whiting, Indiana -local media
Prime Minister Narendra Modi promised on Thursday to end "financial untouchability" with a scheme to ensure the majority of households in his country of nearly 1.3 billion people has a bank account within months. Full Article
Adani buys Australia coal mine royalty rights from Linc for $145 million Full Article