Tech Mahindra gains on share block sale price
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Tech Mahindra(TEML.NS) rose as much as 4.9 percent on Wednesday after a block sale of 9.3 million shares, widely seen as coming from BT (BT.L), fetched a higher-than-expected price.
BT was set to sell its 9.1 percent stake in the Indian IT services provider on Wednesday at a floor price of 855 rupees, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.
The National Stock Exchange reported on Wednesday a block sale at 871 rupees per share. The exchange did not name the seller, but traders widely attributed it to BT.
Tech Mahindra shares were up 4.3 percent as of 9:28 a.m.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Rafael Nam;Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Privacy groups ask regulators to halt Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp deal
- RPT-With Crimean appeal, Putin goes head-to-head with West over Ukraine
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
The Nifty rose to a record high, and the benchmark BSE Sensex hit its record for a second consecutive session, as foreign investors bet big in a country that just months ago was gripped by market turmoil. Full Article