Tech Mahindra gains on share block sale price
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Tech Mahindra(TEML.NS) rose as much as 4.9 percent on Wednesday after a block sale of 9.3 million shares, widely seen as coming from BT (BT.L), fetched a higher-than-expected price.
BT was set to sell its 9.1 percent stake in the Indian IT services provider on Wednesday at a floor price of 855 rupees, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.
The National Stock Exchange reported on Wednesday a block sale at 871 rupees per share. The exchange did not name the seller, but traders widely attributed it to BT.
Tech Mahindra shares were up 4.3 percent as of 9:28 a.m.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Rafael Nam;Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"
- Wall Street finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Former Cream frontman Jack Bruce dies aged 71
- São Paulo running out of water as rain-making Amazon vanishes
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
The Nifty will stay in a broad band of 7,800-8,200 with an immediate resistance at around 8,050 levels. One should look to selectively accumulate in sectors such as infrastructure, capital goods, cement, power and metals. The outperforming sectors such as pharma, IT and auto ancillaries could take a breather due to international headwinds, writes Ambareesh Baliga. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article