REFILE-India's Tech Mahindra gains on share block sale price
(Corrects Tech Mahindra's Reuters Instrument Code in paragraph 1)
MUMBAI Dec 12 (Reuters) - India's Tech Mahindra rose as much as 4.9 percent on Wednesday after a block sale of 9.3 million shares, widely seen as coming from BT, fetched a higher-than-expected price.
BT was set to sell its 9.1 percent stake in the Indian IT services provider on Wednesday at a floor price of 855 rupees, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.
The National Stock Exchange reported on Wednesday a block sale at 871 rupees per share. The exchange did not name the seller, but traders widely attributed it to BT.
Tech Mahindra shares were up 4.3 percent as of 0354 GMT. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Rafael Nam; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In India, rice replaces ice in bucket challenge
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- UPDATE 3-Negative euro overnight rates show cracks in banking system
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis
India's economy grew by a faster-than-expected 5.7 percent in the three months through June, its fastest pace in two-and-a- half years, helped by a rebound in manufacturing and mining sectors, government data showed on Friday. Full Article
In race for bigger margins, drug makers willing to lose the India "advantage". Full Article