REFILE-India's Tech Mahindra gains on share block sale price
(Corrects Tech Mahindra's Reuters Instrument Code in paragraph 1)
MUMBAI Dec 12 (Reuters) - India's Tech Mahindra rose as much as 4.9 percent on Wednesday after a block sale of 9.3 million shares, widely seen as coming from BT, fetched a higher-than-expected price.
BT was set to sell its 9.1 percent stake in the Indian IT services provider on Wednesday at a floor price of 855 rupees, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.
The National Stock Exchange reported on Wednesday a block sale at 871 rupees per share. The exchange did not name the seller, but traders widely attributed it to BT.
Tech Mahindra shares were up 4.3 percent as of 0354 GMT. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Rafael Nam; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Turkish president rejects Facebook, YouTube ban over wiretaps
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- UPDATE 3-MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
- UPDATE 3-Ted Turner rushed to clinic in Argentina with appendicitis-media
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
Sahara’s investment programmes include schemes that are similar to a typical Indian bank’s fixed or recurring deposits. But the arrest of the company's chief Subrata Roy last week and the court case over an outlawed bond scheme are raising fears among some investors who worry they will not get their money back. Full Article