REFILE-India's Tech Mahindra gains on share block sale price
(Corrects Tech Mahindra's Reuters Instrument Code in paragraph 1)
MUMBAI Dec 12 (Reuters) - India's Tech Mahindra rose as much as 4.9 percent on Wednesday after a block sale of 9.3 million shares, widely seen as coming from BT, fetched a higher-than-expected price.
BT was set to sell its 9.1 percent stake in the Indian IT services provider on Wednesday at a floor price of 855 rupees, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.
The National Stock Exchange reported on Wednesday a block sale at 871 rupees per share. The exchange did not name the seller, but traders widely attributed it to BT.
Tech Mahindra shares were up 4.3 percent as of 0354 GMT. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Rafael Nam; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- IPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- Alibaba in talks with Snapdeal to enter India - Economic Times
- After Obama speech, Islamic State wins new recruits in Syria - monitor
- Amazon expands Kindle lineup, boosts price of basic e-reader
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
The United States said on Wednesday it will press Prime Minister Narendra Modi to end his blockage of a global trade pact when he visits Washington this month, something that could dampen the mood of a trip aimed at revitalizing strategic ties. Full Article
China cenbank injects $81 bln into major banks to support economy - reports Full Article