Credit Agricole expects rupee at 52 by end-2013
Reuters Markey Eye - Credit Agricole expects the rupee to strengthen to 52/dollar by the end of 2013, with the currency trading at relatively attractive valuations in REER terms and having priced in "many of the fundamental problems it faces."
Key imbalances in India's economy, including the current account deficit, will gradually diminish next year, says the brokerage.
However, risk-adjusted returns will be "less impressive" given the relatively high volatility in the USD/INR, it adds.
INR will also not benefit much from improvements in risk appetite given a "very low" correlation with risk appetite, Credit Agricole says.
USD/INR has been more sensitive to gyrations in the dollar, and Credit Agricole expects a gradual appreciation in the USD index over 2013 to constrain any strong rally in INR.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- As Nepali sherpa families cremate Everest victims, anger grows |
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Supreme Court allows iron ore mining in Goa with upper limit of 20 million tonnes
Iron Ore Mining
The Supreme Court lifted a 19-month old ban on mining in Goa, the top iron ore-exporting state, on Monday, a move that will put more pressure on global prices although it capped annual output in the state at 20 million tonnes. Full Article | Quote
Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff Full Article