Sports psychologist to accompany Pakistan team
KARACHI (Reuters) - Sports psychologist Maqbool Babri will accompany the Pakistan cricket team on their tour of India this month for the first bilateral series between the two countries since 2007.
"It will be a high pressure tour and the T20 and ODI squads include some youngsters. So we are sending Dr Maqbool Babri with the team to India," Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Zaka Ashraf told reporters on Thursday.
Babri was hired recently by the board to hold counseling sessions with fast bowler Mohammad Amir, who was jailed for corruption along with team mates Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif after a spot-fixing scandal in the 2010 Lord's test against England.
(Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"
- Google executive sets new stratosphere skydive world record
- Wall Street finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Former Cream frontman Jack Bruce dies aged 71
- São Paulo running out of water as rain-making Amazon vanishes
Serena Williams, her insatiable will to win as strong as ever, regained her composure after smashing her racquet and being on the brink of defeat to beat Caroline Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6(6) on Saturday and reach the title match at the WTA Finals. Full Article