Sports psychologist to accompany Pakistan team
KARACHI (Reuters) - Sports psychologist Maqbool Babri will accompany the Pakistan cricket team on their tour of India this month for the first bilateral series between the two countries since 2007.
"It will be a high pressure tour and the T20 and ODI squads include some youngsters. So we are sending Dr Maqbool Babri with the team to India," Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Zaka Ashraf told reporters on Thursday.
Babri was hired recently by the board to hold counseling sessions with fast bowler Mohammad Amir, who was jailed for corruption along with team mates Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif after a spot-fixing scandal in the 2010 Lord's test against England.
(Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Preview: Basel fans baffled by new coach Sousa's switches
- Obama, Modi vow to boost strategic ties, create model for world
- Preview: Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- China censors try to blunt Hong Kong protests, don't always succeed
- Police arrest 140 for religious clashes in Vadodara as Modi tours U.S.
It is almost a given that Arsenal reach the Champions League knockout stages but their path to the last 16 could become "problematic" if they fail to beat Galatasaray. Full Article