Sports psychologist to accompany Pakistan team
KARACHI (Reuters) - Sports psychologist Maqbool Babri will accompany the Pakistan cricket team on their tour of India this month for the first bilateral series between the two countries since 2007.
"It will be a high pressure tour and the T20 and ODI squads include some youngsters. So we are sending Dr Maqbool Babri with the team to India," Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Zaka Ashraf told reporters on Thursday.
Babri was hired recently by the board to hold counseling sessions with fast bowler Mohammad Amir, who was jailed for corruption along with team mates Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif after a spot-fixing scandal in the 2010 Lord's test against England.
(Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- 'Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion suit, Casablanca piano go for millions
- Missouri governor orders more troops to Ferguson after riots |
- Female suicide bombers kill at least 44 in Nigeria's northeast
- France to send armoured unit to Poland for exercises
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
Australia cricketer Phillip Hughes remains in critical condition and will have more scans on Wednesday after undergoing emergency surgery at a Sydney hospital. Full Article