The Congress party is debating holding a general election in November, six months ahead of schedule, senior party leaders said, reflecting an internal discussion over whether to pull the plug on the shaky ruling coalition or have it serve a full term. Full Article
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- Weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- Indian cinema on a mission at Cannes to dispel Bollywood image
- Pakistan: senior PTI leader Zara Shahid Hussain killed
- S.Africa minister accuses Indian High Commission official in Gupta scandal
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
India's Hindustan Unilever falls for 2nd day on royalty payment concerns
MUMBAI Dec 13 (Reuters) - Shares in India's Hindustan Unilever fell more than 2.5 percent on Thursday, down for the second day, on concerns that it may face higher royalty payments to its parent Unilever PLC.
Concerns came after Unilever Indonesia agreed on Wednesday to pay a higher royalty payment to the parent company.
On Wednesday, in response to a Reuters query, the company spokesperson said, "As a policy we do not comment on market speculation." (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this