16 killed in car bomb southwest of Damascus - Lebanon TV
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Sixteen people were killed and more that 25 wounded, including women and children, in a car bomb in Qatana, a town 25 kilometres (15 miles) southwest of Damascus, Lebanon's al-Manar television channel said on Thursday.
Qatana is part of a string of outlying suburbs and towns where President Bashar al-Assad's forces have been trying to push back rebels. The attack follows three bombs which exploded at the Interior Ministry on Wednesday evening, killing five.
(Reporting by Oliver Holmes)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- UPDATE 3-Ted Turner rushed to clinic in Argentina with appendicitis-media
- UPDATE 3-Turkish president rejects Facebook, YouTube ban over wiretaps
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Narendra Modi, who leads opinion polls ahead of next month's general election, faces pressure from anti-graft Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) attacking his economic model on his home turf, the thriving state of Gujarat. Full Article | Election 2014
Interview - Pakistan considers launching military operation in March. Full Article
Economic stability in India must include price stability, growth: Chidambaram. Full Article