Nikkei ends eight-month high led by exporter gains
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average surged above 9,700 for the first time since early April, with exporters buoyed by a yen that falls as expectations rise that the Bank of Japan will implement more aggressive monetary easing.
(Reporting by Ayai Tomisawa; Editing by Eric Meijer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Pilot of missing Malaysian flight an aviation tech geek
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- TIMELINE - The search for missing Malaysian jet
- UPDATE 2-China steel and iron futures fall to lowest ever levels
The disappearance of a Malaysian jetliner is an "unprecedented aviation mystery", a senior official said on Monday, with a massive air and sea search now in its third day failing to find any confirmed trace of the plane or the 239 people aboard. Full Article