Walmart in talks to buy stake in Turkish retailer: FT
(Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT.N) is in talks to buy an 80 percent stake in Turkish retailer Migros Ticaret AS (MGROS.IS) from London-based private equity group BC Partners, the Financial Times reported.
According to the paper, this deal would value Migros at more than $4 billion including debt.
Walmart held meetings with Migros managers in recent days in Turkey but it had not placed a bid for the Turkish retailer, the paper said, citing several people familiar with the discussion.
Migros could not immediately be reached for a comment.
Wal-Mart spokesman Kevin Gardner said the company does not comment on rumors and speculation.
(Reporting By Vishal Krishnan Menon in Bangalore)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
- UPDATE 2-Motor racing-Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley favours interest rate cut - paper