Sports psychologist to accompany Pakistan team
KARACHI (Reuters) - Sports psychologist Maqbool Babri will accompany the Pakistan cricket team on their tour of India this month for the first bilateral series between the two countries since 2007.
"It will be a high pressure tour and the T20 and ODI squads include some youngsters. So we are sending Dr Maqbool Babri with the team to India," Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Zaka Ashraf told reporters on Thursday.
Babri was hired recently by the board to hold counseling sessions with fast bowler Mohammad Amir, who was jailed for corruption along with team mates Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif after a spot-fixing scandal in the 2010 Lord's test against England.
(Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- UPDATE 4-P&G to exit Duracell battery business; quarterly sales dip
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone
- UPDATE 7-Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- UPDATE 3-Ford's lower profit beats estimates; sales down on F-150 launch
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article