MARKET EYE-Indian rate-sensitive stocks gain after WPI data
* The BSE index is up 0.25 percent while the NSE index gains 0.23 percent. * Gains come after the wholesale price index rose a slower-than-expected 7.24 percent. * Stocks in rate-sensitive sectors such as banks and real estate are leading the gains on rising hopes the Reserve Bank of India will move towards easing interest rates starting early next year. * The RBI's next policy review is on Dec. 18. Although the central bank is not expected to ease policy then, traders said they could cut the cash reserve ratio or sound more dovish on inflation. * ICICI Bank gains 0.6 percent, while State Bank of India is up 1.7 percent. * In the real estate sector, DLF is up 1.3 percent while Unitech gains 0.9 percent. (firstname.lastname@example.org /; email@example.com)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- World holds its breath, mostly hoping Scots vote "No"
- Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Chinese hackers breach U.S. military contractors -Senate probe
- UPDATE 1-Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21 - report
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors, Senate probe finds
The Federal Reserve renewed its pledge to keep interest rates near zero for a "considerable time," but also indicated it could raise borrowing costs faster than expected when it starts moving. Article | Factbox
China cenbank injects $81 bln into major banks to support economy - reports Full Article