MARKET EYE-BoA-Merrill upgrades India's cement stocks to 'buy'
* Bank of America-Merrill Lynch upgrades its rating across cement stocks to 'buy' from 'neutral' or 'underperform', saying capacity will lag demand, while valuations are below previous up cycles. * The investment adds general elections in the next 18 months bode well for the Indian cement sector given the demand-GDP multiplier expanded in four out of the five previous election years. * Among the major cement manufacturers, Bank of America upgraded UltraTech Cement and Ambuja Cements to 'buy' from 'underperform.' * Among midcap stocks, Shree Cement was raised to 'buy' from 'neutral', while India Cements was upgraded to 'buy' from 'underperform.' (email@example.com /; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Pizza chain Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection
- Rupee hits 7-month high as custodian banks sell dollars
- U.S. top court declines to hear 'I (heart sign) boobies' case
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- UPDATE 3-China steel futures hit record lows, spot iron plunges
The BSE Sensex ended up slightly on Monday after rising to a record high for a third consecutive session as strong foreign buying continued to boost domestic-focused shares such as those of HDFC Bank, but momentum waned as exporters slumped on a stronger currency. Full Article