MARKET EYE-BoA-Merrill upgrades India's cement stocks to 'buy'
* Bank of America-Merrill Lynch upgrades its rating across cement stocks to 'buy' from 'neutral' or 'underperform', saying capacity will lag demand, while valuations are below previous up cycles. * The investment adds general elections in the next 18 months bode well for the Indian cement sector given the demand-GDP multiplier expanded in four out of the five previous election years. * Among the major cement manufacturers, Bank of America upgraded UltraTech Cement and Ambuja Cements to 'buy' from 'underperform.' * Among midcap stocks, Shree Cement was raised to 'buy' from 'neutral', while India Cements was upgraded to 'buy' from 'underperform.' (firstname.lastname@example.org /; email@example.com)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- UPDATE 2-Divided U.S. SEC adopts mortgage rule, decries lax lending
- Drugmakers to join forces to make millions of Ebola vaccine doses
- US STOCKS-Wall St turns lower after shooting at Canadian parliament
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article