Government plans more steps to revive growth
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government plans to take more steps in the next few weeks, which combined with the measures taken so far will help turn around the economy, the finance minister said on Friday.
P. Chidambaram, however, did not elaborate on the planned measures.
Asia's third-largest economy is headed for the weakest full-year growth in a decade, at about 6 percent, far below the near double-digit pace before the global economic downturn. (Reporting by Manoj Kumar; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- REFILE-UPDATE 1-Republicans attack slow pace of Obamacare enrollments
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- UPDATE 2-Pilots of Asiana crash knew speed was low -documents
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
- Uruguay's move to legalise marijuana breaks international treaty-INCB