Overcoming The Gloom
K. Ramchand, managing director at one of India's biggest road builders, is doing something unusual to help dispel the gloom pervading much of the country's infrastructure sector today: bidding for new projects. Full Article
- Nigella Lawson's husband downplays photos of him grabbing her neck
- UPDATE 3-Detroit default, restructuring plan break new ground -Moody's
- Apple got up to 5,000 data requests in six months
- UPDATE 1-Saudi Arabia says MERS coronavirus kills four more
- Snowden says 'litany of lies' prompted him to leak U.S. surveillance
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
Government plans more steps to revive growth
NEW DELHI |
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government plans to take more steps in the next few weeks, which combined with the measures taken so far will help turn around the economy, the finance minister said on Friday.
P. Chidambaram, however, did not elaborate on the planned measures.
Asia's third-largest economy is headed for the weakest full-year growth in a decade, at about 6 percent, far below the near double-digit pace before the global economic downturn. (Reporting by Manoj Kumar; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this