Government plans more steps to revive growth
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government plans to take more steps in the next few weeks, which combined with the measures taken so far will help turn around the economy, the finance minister said on Friday.
P. Chidambaram, however, did not elaborate on the planned measures.
Asia's third-largest economy is headed for the weakest full-year growth in a decade, at about 6 percent, far below the near double-digit pace before the global economic downturn. (Reporting by Manoj Kumar; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man sues, claiming penis amputated instead of circumcised
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- REFILE-Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet
- Wipro sees strong sales growth, eyes Europe deals
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
Sri Lankan, Indian central banks agree scope for government debt buys. Full Article