RBI rate cut not seen on December 18: Rangarajan
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The prime minister's economic advisor C Rangarajan said on Friday he doesn't expect the RBI to cut interest rates at its next policy meeting on December 18.
Asia's third largest economy is headed for the weakest full-year growth in a decade, at about 6 percent, far below the near double-digit pace before the global economic downturn.
But despite the slowdown, the Reserve Bank of India has not lowered interest rates since April because inflation has remained near 7 percent, exacerbated by a weak rupee that has added to the cost of fuel imports. (Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- TCS, Mitsubishi to form software services company
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff
- BSE Sensex gains to near record high; Wipro slumps
Iron Ore Mining
Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff Full Article