Overcoming The Gloom
K. Ramchand, managing director at one of India's biggest road builders, is doing something unusual to help dispel the gloom pervading much of the country's infrastructure sector today: bidding for new projects. Full Article
- Nigella Lawson's husband downplays photos of him grabbing her neck
- UPDATE 3-Detroit default, restructuring plan break new ground -Moody's
- Apple got up to 5,000 data requests in six months
- UPDATE 1-Saudi Arabia says MERS coronavirus kills four more
- Snowden says 'litany of lies' prompted him to leak U.S. surveillance
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
RBI rate cut not seen on December 18: Rangarajan
NEW DELHI |
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The prime minister's economic advisor C Rangarajan said on Friday he doesn't expect the RBI to cut interest rates at its next policy meeting on December 18.
Asia's third largest economy is headed for the weakest full-year growth in a decade, at about 6 percent, far below the near double-digit pace before the global economic downturn.
But despite the slowdown, the Reserve Bank of India has not lowered interest rates since April because inflation has remained near 7 percent, exacerbated by a weak rupee that has added to the cost of fuel imports. (Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this