Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Dec 14 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday:
* Alcatel-Lucent has secured a 1.6 billion euros ($2.1 billion) debt financing deal with banks that the money-losing telecom-equipment company hopes will buy enough time to return the company to profitability, the Wall Street Journal said. ()
* Man Group is weighing up significant accounting write-offs next year related to its 2010 acquisition of GLG Partners, a move that will raise eyebrows after the announcement on Monday that former GLG boss Emmanuel Roman is to be the new chief executive of the company, the Financial Times said. ()
* Pfizer Inc's planned U.S. initial public offering of its animal-health unit Zoetis Inc is likely by January or February and expected to raise about $4 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the discussions.
* Hostess Brands Inc, the bankrupt Twinkie and Wonder Bread maker, has received bids for assets being sold by about two dozen parties including Wal-Mart Stores Inc and Kroger Co, according to a report by Bloomberg.
* Best Buy Co Inc shares rose on Thursday after the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that company founder Richard Schulze will make a fully financed offer to take the company private by Saturday this week.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- U.N.'s Pillay says Israel may be committing war crimes
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
India will not support a trade facilitation protocol ahead of a July 31 deadline unless its concerns about subsidies are met, two senior government officials said on Wednesday, sticking to a hard line critics say could derail a landmark global trade deal. Full Article
Bullish on Indian equities, but gains seen 'less sharp'- Goldman Sachs Full Article
Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers Full Article
Honda's India unit to account for 25 pct of Asia Pacific sales by March 2017 - exec Full Article