Infosys says settles whistleblower lawsuit in the U.S.
BANGALORE (Reuters) - Infosys, India's No. 2 software services firm, said on Friday it settled a lawsuit filed by former employee Satya Dev Tripuraneni.
The lawsuit filed against the company has been withdrawn following successful mediation, the company said in a statement on its website. An amicable settlement has been reached without any admission of liability, Infosys said.
Tripuraneni, an American ex-employee, had said he was harassed by his supervisor after he accused Infosys of visa fraud, according to the lawsuit filed on August 2 in the federal court for the Northern District of California.
A separate lawsuit by another employee Jack Palmer, alleging retaliation after pointing out what he said was the misuse of U.S. B1 visas, was thrown out by a U.S. judge in August.
(Reporting By Harichandan Arakali; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups
- Banks pile pressure on liquor baron Mallya over airline loans
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter