Rupee in a range ahead of RBI policy; oil demand seen
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is trading around 54.54/55 levels versus its previous close of 54.4850/4950 on the back of some dollar demand from oil refiners.
Traders say choppy domestic shares a day before the Reserve Bank of India's monetary policy review also holding the USD/INR in a range.
The BSE Sensex is currently trading down 0.2 percent.
The RBI expected to hold rates steady on Tuesday while views for a cash reserve ratio cut are split, the latest Reuters poll shows.
USD/INR seen holding in a 54.45 to 54.65 range during the day.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- RBI says all companies must apply 2-step payments for credit cards
- First trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine cross back into Russia
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Israeli aircraft bomb Gaza, five Palestinians killed
The Reserve Bank of India said that all transactions involving domestic credit cards must follow rules requiring additional verification, a stance that could impact companies such as Uber Technologies Inc that provide more simple app-based purchases. Full Article
India to hike iron ore royalty, miners may struggle to pass on extra cost. Full Article