Rupee in a range ahead of RBI policy; oil demand seen
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is trading around 54.54/55 levels versus its previous close of 54.4850/4950 on the back of some dollar demand from oil refiners.
Traders say choppy domestic shares a day before the Reserve Bank of India's monetary policy review also holding the USD/INR in a range.
The BSE Sensex is currently trading down 0.2 percent.
The RBI expected to hold rates steady on Tuesday while views for a cash reserve ratio cut are split, the latest Reuters poll shows.
USD/INR seen holding in a 54.45 to 54.65 range during the day.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- China should set lower 2015 GDP growth target of 6.5-7 pct - IMF
- U.S. says hopeful of WTO deal with India only hours before deadline
- UPDATE 2-Argentina defaults but investors see deal possible eventually
- Cricket - India four down and facing England defeat
The United States said on Thursday it was hopeful that differences between India and much of the rest of the world over a major trade agreement could be resolved in time, with only hours remaining before the deal has to be signed. Full Article
ONGC, Oil India bid $1.5 bln for stake in Murphy Oil's Malaysia assets - sources Full Article