Rupee in a range ahead of RBI policy; oil demand seen
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is trading around 54.54/55 levels versus its previous close of 54.4850/4950 on the back of some dollar demand from oil refiners.
Traders say choppy domestic shares a day before the Reserve Bank of India's monetary policy review also holding the USD/INR in a range.
The BSE Sensex is currently trading down 0.2 percent.
The RBI expected to hold rates steady on Tuesday while views for a cash reserve ratio cut are split, the latest Reuters poll shows.
USD/INR seen holding in a 54.45 to 54.65 range during the day.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- UPDATE 7-Ukrainian riot police withdraw after overnight move on demonstrators
- UPDATE 1-U.S. says Ukraine's "European future" can be saved - Nuland
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
- Google feeds India and China from data centres next door