Rupee in a range ahead of RBI policy; oil demand seen
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is trading around 54.54/55 levels versus its previous close of 54.4850/4950 on the back of some dollar demand from oil refiners.
Traders say choppy domestic shares a day before the Reserve Bank of India's monetary policy review also holding the USD/INR in a range.
The BSE Sensex is currently trading down 0.2 percent.
The RBI expected to hold rates steady on Tuesday while views for a cash reserve ratio cut are split, the latest Reuters poll shows.
USD/INR seen holding in a 54.45 to 54.65 range during the day.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- Islamic State kills at least 25 Iraqi tribesmen near Ramadi - officials
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- Volunteer snow shovelers hit Buffalo streets as flooding fears rise |
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article