RBI allows foreign funding for low-cost housing
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Monday allowed property developers to borrow money overseas through external commercial borrowing (ECB) for funding low-cost housing projects.
Housing finance companies can also avail of ECB for financing prospective owners of low-cost housing units, the RBI said in a statement.
The application for ECB would have to be sent to the central bank for approval, it said.
(Reporting by Shamik Paul; Editing by G.Ram Mohan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article