RBI allows foreign funding for low-cost housing
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Monday allowed property developers to borrow money overseas through external commercial borrowing (ECB) for funding low-cost housing projects.
Housing finance companies can also avail of ECB for financing prospective owners of low-cost housing units, the RBI said in a statement.
The application for ECB would have to be sent to the central bank for approval, it said.
(Reporting by Shamik Paul; Editing by G.Ram Mohan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Seven arrested internationally in $1.6 million StubHub fraud
- Seven arrests made in $1.6 million StubHub cyberfraud case |
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- TransAsia Airways stocks plunge after plane crashes in landing
- UPDATE 3-Ex-Jefferies trader gets 2 years in prison in fraud case
India is set to offer Nepal a landmark pact to help develop its huge hydro-electric power potential as the South Asian giant takes another step to re-assert influence among smaller neighbours where China has been forging closer ties. Full Article
Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers Full Article
Honda's India unit to account for 25 pct of Asia Pacific sales by March 2017 - exec Full Article