RBI allows foreign funding for low-cost housing
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Monday allowed property developers to borrow money overseas through external commercial borrowing (ECB) for funding low-cost housing projects.
Housing finance companies can also avail of ECB for financing prospective owners of low-cost housing units, the RBI said in a statement.
The application for ECB would have to be sent to the central bank for approval, it said.
(Reporting by Shamik Paul; Editing by G.Ram Mohan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Rupee sees biggest fall in three weeks on broad dollar gains
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article