RBI allows foreign funding for low-cost housing
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Monday allowed property developers to borrow money overseas through external commercial borrowing (ECB) for funding low-cost housing projects.
Housing finance companies can also avail of ECB for financing prospective owners of low-cost housing units, the RBI said in a statement.
The application for ECB would have to be sent to the central bank for approval, it said.
(Reporting by Shamik Paul; Editing by G.Ram Mohan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- PRECIOUS-Gold, silver tumble to four-year lows as dollar rallies
- FOREX-Dollar boosted by U.S. growth, more hawkish Fed tone
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article