RBI allows foreign funding for low-cost housing
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Monday allowed property developers to borrow money overseas through external commercial borrowing (ECB) for funding low-cost housing projects.
Housing finance companies can also avail of ECB for financing prospective owners of low-cost housing units, the RBI said in a statement.
The application for ECB would have to be sent to the central bank for approval, it said.
(Reporting by Shamik Paul; Editing by G.Ram Mohan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- TIMELINE-The search for missing Malaysian jet
- UPDATE 3-Republican Party wins Florida congressional seat in special election
- Wild theories fill void left by missing Malaysian plane
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west
- Malaysia air force denies tracking missing jet to Strait of Malacca
Budget airline SpiceJet has signed a deal with Boeing Co to buy 42 737 MAX jets in a deal worth $4.4 billion at list prices, the company said on Wednesday, sending its shares up more than 7 percent. Full Article | Quote