International war crimes court acquits Congolese warlord
THE HAGUE (Reuters) - The International Criminal Court acquitted Congolese warlord Ngudjolo Chui of all charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity on Tuesday.
Ngudjolo had been accused by prosecutors of directing militias to kill, pillage and rape during a conflict in the northeastern Ituri province of Congo in 2003.
Presiding judge Bruno Cotte said atrocities had been committed during the conflict but prosecutors had failed to tie them to Ngudjolo.
(Reporting By Thomas Escritt; Editing by Sara Webb)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
New York and New Jersey will automatically quarantine medical workers returning from Ebola-hit West African countries and the U.S. government is considering the same step after a doctor who treated patients in Guinea came back infected, officials said. Full Article | Slideshow
Kurds reject Erdogan report of deal with Syrian rebels to aid besieged Kobani. Full Article