Jaiprakash Power shares fall; promoters sell
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd(JAPR.BO) fell as much as 10.22 percent on Tuesday after the company's promoters sold 49.7 million shares, or about 2 percent of its equity, at an average price of 39 rupees a share.
The block deal was at a 6.14 percent discount to Monday's closing price 41.55 rupees, according to Thomson Reuters data.
The company raised about 1.94 billion rupees in a series of block deals on the Bombay Stock Exchange, the data showed.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch was the sole manager to the transaction, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the deal.
Jaiprakash Power and Bank of America Merrill officials were not immediately available to comment.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-U.S. fast-food workers rally for higher minimum wage
- South Africa, world mourn "giant for justice" Mandela
- Springsteen's handwritten 'Born to Run' draft fetches $197,000
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Nelson Mandela
- UPDATE 4-Child killed in Idaho school bus accident, 4 more hurt
South African anti-apartheid hero Nelson Mandela died aged 95 at his Johannesburg home on Thursday after a prolonged lung infection, plunging his nation and the world into mourning for a man hailed by global leaders as a moral giant. Article | Obituary