Jaiprakash Power shares fall; promoters sell
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd(JAPR.BO) fell as much as 10.22 percent on Tuesday after the company's promoters sold 49.7 million shares, or about 2 percent of its equity, at an average price of 39 rupees a share.
The block deal was at a 6.14 percent discount to Monday's closing price 41.55 rupees, according to Thomson Reuters data.
The company raised about 1.94 billion rupees in a series of block deals on the Bombay Stock Exchange, the data showed.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch was the sole manager to the transaction, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the deal.
Jaiprakash Power and Bank of America Merrill officials were not immediately available to comment.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Twelve-hour Gaza humanitarian truce takes hold
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- India threatens to derail WTO deal, prompts angry U.S. rebuke
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
A 12-hour humanitarian truce went into effect on Saturday after Israel and Palestinian militant groups in the Gaza Strip agreed to a U.N. request for a pause in fighting and efforts proceeded to secure a long-term cease-fire moved ahead. Full Article
Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors Full Article