Jaiprakash Power shares fall; promoters sell
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd(JAPR.BO) fell as much as 10.22 percent on Tuesday after the company's promoters sold 49.7 million shares, or about 2 percent of its equity, at an average price of 39 rupees a share.
The block deal was at a 6.14 percent discount to Monday's closing price 41.55 rupees, according to Thomson Reuters data.
The company raised about 1.94 billion rupees in a series of block deals on the Bombay Stock Exchange, the data showed.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch was the sole manager to the transaction, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the deal.
Jaiprakash Power and Bank of America Merrill officials were not immediately available to comment.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- California lawmakers end session with bills on plastic bags, gun control
- India nears $2.5 billion deal for Boeing military helicopters
- CBI charges Dayanidhi Maran, Malaysian tycoon in telecoms scandal
- EU says could send over 1 bln euros more aid to Ukraine
A day after the best economic growth figures in more than two years greeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi's first three months in office, the finance minister on Saturday predicted faster growth to come. Full Article
Exclusive: Reliance plans $13 billion projects including new refinery. Full Article
In race for bigger margins, drug makers willing to lose the India "advantage". Full Article