Jaiprakash Power shares fall; promoters sell
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd(JAPR.BO) fell as much as 10.22 percent on Tuesday after the company's promoters sold 49.7 million shares, or about 2 percent of its equity, at an average price of 39 rupees a share.
The block deal was at a 6.14 percent discount to Monday's closing price 41.55 rupees, according to Thomson Reuters data.
The company raised about 1.94 billion rupees in a series of block deals on the Bombay Stock Exchange, the data showed.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch was the sole manager to the transaction, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the deal.
Jaiprakash Power and Bank of America Merrill officials were not immediately available to comment.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Wall Street finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- WHO vaccines boss signs up as Ebola trial guinea pig
- Two dead, four wounded after student opens fire at Washington state school
- UPDATE 10-Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article