Jet Airways, Kingfisher gain on Etihad talks
Reuters Market Eye - Jet Airways Ltd(JET.NS) extends gains for a sixth day, up 1.5 percent, while Kingfisher Airlines Ltd(KING.NS) is up 2.7 percent as Etihad Airways enters in the final stages of talks to buy a stake in either of them.
Buying into Jet is seen as more lucrative for Etihad as the two carriers already have a code-sharing agreement and could target the market share of state-owned Air India and Dubai-based Emirates Airline.
But a stake in Kingfisher would be cheaper, analysts say.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Timeline: Case of Devyani Khobragade, Indian diplomat arrested in New York
- Domino's outlet attacked in India as U.S. diplomatic dispute simmers
- Govt presses Supreme Court to drop gay sex ban
- India transfers diplomat to U.N. in bid to defuse row with U.S
- Tom Cruise settles defamation lawsuit with publisher
India said on Saturday that it had transferred Devyani Khobragade, the diplomat at the centre of a row with the U.S., to its U.N. delegation, a move that it hopes will give her protection from prosecution for visa fraud and underpaying a maid. Article | Slideshow