Jet Airways, Kingfisher gain on Etihad talks
Reuters Market Eye - Jet Airways Ltd(JET.NS) extends gains for a sixth day, up 1.5 percent, while Kingfisher Airlines Ltd(KING.NS) is up 2.7 percent as Etihad Airways enters in the final stages of talks to buy a stake in either of them.
Buying into Jet is seen as more lucrative for Etihad as the two carriers already have a code-sharing agreement and could target the market share of state-owned Air India and Dubai-based Emirates Airline.
But a stake in Kingfisher would be cheaper, analysts say.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups
- Banks pile pressure on liquor baron Mallya over airline loans
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter
Optimism that sunny growth figures herald an economic revival in India is probably misplaced - in fact there is little hard evidence to support the idea that Asia's third-largest economy is heading for a broader and sustained rebound anytime soon. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups. Full Article