Jet Airways, Kingfisher gain on Etihad talks
Reuters Market Eye - Jet Airways Ltd(JET.NS) extends gains for a sixth day, up 1.5 percent, while Kingfisher Airlines Ltd(KING.NS) is up 2.7 percent as Etihad Airways enters in the final stages of talks to buy a stake in either of them.
Buying into Jet is seen as more lucrative for Etihad as the two carriers already have a code-sharing agreement and could target the market share of state-owned Air India and Dubai-based Emirates Airline.
But a stake in Kingfisher would be cheaper, analysts say.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Search for Malaysia Airlines jet refocuses on drone scans of seafloor
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Borno state authorities say most of abducted schoolgirls still missing
- RPT-Reports of e-cigarette injury jump amid rising popularity, U.S. data show
- Founder of scandal-hit drugmaker Servier dies at 92
Wipro posted a 29 percent rise in its fourth-quarter net profit, beating expectations, helped by increased IT spending by its customers. For the quarter ended March 31, the company said it earned 22.27 billion rupees compared with 17.29 billion rupees a year earlier. Full Article | Full Coverage