Rupee edges up; RBI policy in focus
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is trading at 54.78/79 versus its previous close of 54.84/86 as traders await the Reserve Bank of India's policy decision at 11.00 a.m. for direction.
Markets are broadly positioned for a status quo at the policy review but a surprise rate cut can boost shares and indirectly hurt the USD/INR.
Asian shares edge up tracking overnight gains in U.S. stocks, as fresh signs of compromise maintain a new optimism that the U.S. "fiscal cliff" budget tussle could be settled before tax hikes and spending cuts begin to bite early next year.
USD/INR is seen moving in a 54.70 to 54.90 band until the policy review.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance
- UPDATE 4-JetBlue flight makes emergency landing at California airport, 4 hurt
- UPDATE 1-Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research
- How Islamic State uses Syria's oil to fuel its advances
- UPDATE 1-International country music singer George Hamilton IV dies at 77
China is not a warlike nation, President Xi Jinping said on Thursday, during a rare trip to neighbour India that was dominated by a standoff on a barren Himalayan plateau between soldiers from the world's two most populous nations. Full Article | Slideshow
Obama to nominate Indian-American Richard Verma as India ambassador - congressional source. Full Article