Rupee edges up; RBI policy in focus
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is trading at 54.78/79 versus its previous close of 54.84/86 as traders await the Reserve Bank of India's policy decision at 11.00 a.m. for direction.
Markets are broadly positioned for a status quo at the policy review but a surprise rate cut can boost shares and indirectly hurt the USD/INR.
Asian shares edge up tracking overnight gains in U.S. stocks, as fresh signs of compromise maintain a new optimism that the U.S. "fiscal cliff" budget tussle could be settled before tax hikes and spending cuts begin to bite early next year.
USD/INR is seen moving in a 54.70 to 54.90 band until the policy review.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- UPDATE 3-Starbucks Americas sales disappoint on softer traffic
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article