Sensex gains; auto shares, Sun Pharma up
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex is up 0.27 percent while the Nifty gains 0.2 percent.
Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) gains 1.9 percent, up for a fourth day, after stronger-than-expected November sales at Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) reduced concerns about the outlook for the key unit of the Indian auto maker.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUN.NS) gains 2 percent after it said on Monday Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories Ltd. (Caraco), its wholly-owned subsidiary, has acquired URL generic business from Takeda Pharmaceutical Company (4502.T).
Caution also prevails ahead of the RBI policy review. India's central bank is expected to keep interest rates on hold.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Obama nominates Indian-American as ambassador to India
- Sterling firms as early results go against Scottish independence
- UPDATE 2-Two small Russian banks taken off Canada sanctions list
China is not a warlike nation, President Xi Jinping said on Thursday, during a rare trip to neighbour India that was dominated by a standoff on a barren Himalayan plateau between soldiers from the world's two most populous nations. Full Article | Slideshow
Obama to nominate Indian-American Richard Verma as India ambassador - congressional source. Full Article