Sensex gains; auto shares, Sun Pharma up
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex is up 0.27 percent while the Nifty gains 0.2 percent.
Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) gains 1.9 percent, up for a fourth day, after stronger-than-expected November sales at Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) reduced concerns about the outlook for the key unit of the Indian auto maker.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUN.NS) gains 2 percent after it said on Monday Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories Ltd. (Caraco), its wholly-owned subsidiary, has acquired URL generic business from Takeda Pharmaceutical Company (4502.T).
Caution also prevails ahead of the RBI policy review. India's central bank is expected to keep interest rates on hold.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- One dead, one wounded in shooting in Chicago financial district
- Israel, Palestinians locked in vicious circle of Gaza wars
- UPDATE 2-Bombardier plans more job cuts, Russia plans intact
- UPDATE 1-EU adopts toughest Russian sanctions yet, targets 5 Russian banks
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-GE credit card unit Synchrony makes muted debut on NYSE
The United States said on Thursday it was hopeful that differences between India and much of the rest of the world over a major trade agreement could be resolved in time, with only hours remaining before the deal has to be signed. Full Article
ONGC, Oil India bid $1.5 bln for stake in Murphy Oil's Malaysia assets - sources Full Article