Inter beat Verona to advance in Italian Cup
REUTERS - Inter Milan moved into the Italian Cup quarter-finals with a 2-0 victory over second-tier Verona on Tuesday.
Inter's Italy striker Antonio Cassano and Colombia midfielder Fredy Guarin were on target in the second half for the 2011 cup winners.
AC Milan, Juventus, Catania and AS Roma had already booked their places in the last eight.
The quarter-final lineup will be completed on Wednesday when Lazio host Siena, Udinese welcome Fiorentina and Napoli entertain Bologna. (Writing by Toby Davis; editing by Ken Ferris)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China should set lower 2015 GDP growth target of 6.5-7 pct - IMF
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- U.S. says hopeful of WTO deal with India only hours before deadline
- Cricket - India four down and facing England defeat
- UPDATE 2-Argentina defaults but investors see deal possible eventually
Spinner Moeen Ali claimed six wickets to inspire England to a crushing 266-run win over India on Thursday to level an absorbing series at 1-1 with two matches to play. Full Article