TCS gains on Morgan Stanley rating upgrade
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Tata Consultancy Services(TCS.NS) gain 1.9 percent after Morgan Stanley upgraded the stock to 'overweight' from 'equal-weight' and raised its target price on the stock to 1,415 rupees from 1,225 rupees.
Morgan Stanley says IT spending could be stable in 2013 and that it does not expect deal flow and volumes to be disrupted despite uncertainty in Europe.
The investment bank says fiscal 2014 revenue can recover, noting "revenue growth trends in the industry are not in a secular decline."
The investment bank also says a recent correction in TCS's share price creates an opportunity for medium- to long-term investors.
TCS stock is down 7.9 percent in December as of Tuesday's close compared with a 0.6 percent return in the BSE Sensex in the same period.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Aradhana Aravindan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Sensex surges past 27,000 to third consecutive life high
- Putin comment on "taking Kiev in 2 weeks" taken out of context - aide
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article