TCS gains on Morgan Stanley rating upgrade
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Tata Consultancy Services(TCS.NS) gain 1.9 percent after Morgan Stanley upgraded the stock to 'overweight' from 'equal-weight' and raised its target price on the stock to 1,415 rupees from 1,225 rupees.
Morgan Stanley says IT spending could be stable in 2013 and that it does not expect deal flow and volumes to be disrupted despite uncertainty in Europe.
The investment bank says fiscal 2014 revenue can recover, noting "revenue growth trends in the industry are not in a secular decline."
The investment bank also says a recent correction in TCS's share price creates an opportunity for medium- to long-term investors.
TCS stock is down 7.9 percent in December as of Tuesday's close compared with a 0.6 percent return in the BSE Sensex in the same period.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Aradhana Aravindan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial
- UPDATE 3-GM to halt car production in Australia, industry in crisis
- REFILE-UPDATE 1-Obama says budget deal is good first step, urges Congress to act
- Rajan says to unveil steps to tackle financial stress