NYSE, IntercontinentalExchange in merger talks: WSJ
(Reuters) - NYSE Euronext NYX.N and IntercontinentalExchange Inc (ICE.N) are in talks about a possible merger, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.
IntercontinentalExchange had jointly bid with Nasdaq OMX Group Inc (NDAQ.O) to break up the NYSE, but that bid failed.
Shares of NYSE Euronext and IntercontinentalExchange jumped in after-hours trading following the report.
(Reporting by Lauren Tara LaCapra; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports
- Coca-Cola announces growth plan as profit falls 14 pct
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at age 90
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article