NYSE, IntercontinentalExchange in merger talks: WSJ
(Reuters) - NYSE Euronext NYX.N and IntercontinentalExchange Inc (ICE.N) are in talks about a possible merger, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.
IntercontinentalExchange had jointly bid with Nasdaq OMX Group Inc (NDAQ.O) to break up the NYSE, but that bid failed.
Shares of NYSE Euronext and IntercontinentalExchange jumped in after-hours trading following the report.
(Reporting by Lauren Tara LaCapra; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian plane with 239 aboard crashes - report
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane - Vietnam official
Missing Malaysian Plane
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew went missing over the South China Sea on Saturday, presumed crashed, as ships from countries closest to its flight path scoured a large search area for any wreckage. Full Article | Slideshow