NYSE, IntercontinentalExchange in merger talks: WSJ
(Reuters) - NYSE Euronext NYX.N and IntercontinentalExchange Inc (ICE.N) are in talks about a possible merger, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.
IntercontinentalExchange had jointly bid with Nasdaq OMX Group Inc (NDAQ.O) to break up the NYSE, but that bid failed.
Shares of NYSE Euronext and IntercontinentalExchange jumped in after-hours trading following the report.
(Reporting by Lauren Tara LaCapra; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Nine reasons why India's WTO veto shocked the world
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- UPDATE 3-Ugandan court overturns anti-gay law that halted Western aid
- UPDATE 4-African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling
Prime Minister Narendra Modi came to office with a reputation as a business-friendly leader ready to open up one of the world's biggest markets and sweep away the remnants of the country's socialist past. Full Article