NYSE, IntercontinentalExchange in merger talks: WSJ
(Reuters) - NYSE Euronext NYX.N and IntercontinentalExchange Inc (ICE.N) are in talks about a possible merger, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.
IntercontinentalExchange had jointly bid with Nasdaq OMX Group Inc (NDAQ.O) to break up the NYSE, but that bid failed.
Shares of NYSE Euronext and IntercontinentalExchange jumped in after-hours trading following the report.
(Reporting by Lauren Tara LaCapra; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
- UPDATE 2-Motor racing-Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley favours interest rate cut - paper
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article