NYSE, IntercontinentalExchange in merger talks: WSJ
(Reuters) - NYSE Euronext NYX.N and IntercontinentalExchange Inc (ICE.N) are in talks about a possible merger, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.
IntercontinentalExchange had jointly bid with Nasdaq OMX Group Inc (NDAQ.O) to break up the NYSE, but that bid failed.
Shares of NYSE Euronext and IntercontinentalExchange jumped in after-hours trading following the report.
(Reporting by Lauren Tara LaCapra; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Preview: Basel fans baffled by new coach Sousa's switches
- Obama, Modi vow to boost strategic ties, create model for world
- Preview: Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- China censors try to blunt Hong Kong protests, don't always succeed
- Police arrest 140 for religious clashes in Vadodara as Modi tours U.S.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi must not give in to U.S. pressure to change intellectual property laws which allow India to produce generic medicines poor people can afford, the medical charity Doctors Without Borders (MSF) said. Full Article | Full Coverage
China final HSBC PMI steady in September on stronger global demand but risks remain Full Article