Adani group stocks down; Modi seen winning in Gujarat
Reuters Market Eye - Adani Group stocks fall on profit-taking after gaining recently on expectations Narendra Modi would win a fourth successive term as the chief minister of Gujarat.
Adani Group is based in Gujarat and is seen benefiting given perceptions of Modi as a leader who is business-friendly, dealers say.
Adani Enterprises Ltd (ADEL.NS) falls 5.9 percent ahead of its planned sale of 23 million shares on Friday.
Among other Adani group stocks, Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSE.NS) is down 2.8 percent, after rising 11.6 percent in December as of Wednesday's close.
Adani Power Ltd (ADAN.NS) falls 3.9 percent after gaining 29.2 percent this month.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Three major nations absent as China launches World Bank rival in Asia
- Microsoft sales beat Street hopes, cloud profits up
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Google commits to $1 billion in long-term office leases
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article