Adani group stocks down; Modi seen winning in Gujarat
Reuters Market Eye - Adani Group stocks fall on profit-taking after gaining recently on expectations Narendra Modi would win a fourth successive term as the chief minister of Gujarat.
Adani Group is based in Gujarat and is seen benefiting given perceptions of Modi as a leader who is business-friendly, dealers say.
Adani Enterprises Ltd (ADEL.NS) falls 5.9 percent ahead of its planned sale of 23 million shares on Friday.
Among other Adani group stocks, Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSE.NS) is down 2.8 percent, after rising 11.6 percent in December as of Wednesday's close.
Adani Power Ltd (ADAN.NS) falls 3.9 percent after gaining 29.2 percent this month.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- UPDATE 3-SEC's long path to money market fund reform ends in compromise
- UPDATE 3-Tanker charge tarnishes Boeing's 2nd-quarter profit
- UPDATE 5-TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
India will not support a trade facilitation protocol ahead of a July 31 deadline unless its concerns about subsidies are met, two senior government officials said on Wednesday, sticking to a hard line critics say could derail a landmark global trade deal. Full Article
Bullish on Indian equities, but gains seen 'less sharp'- Goldman Sachs Full Article
Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers Full Article
Honda's India unit to account for 25 pct of Asia Pacific sales by March 2017 - exec Full Article