Adani group stocks down; Modi seen winning in Gujarat
Reuters Market Eye - Adani Group stocks fall on profit-taking after gaining recently on expectations Narendra Modi would win a fourth successive term as the chief minister of Gujarat.
Adani Group is based in Gujarat and is seen benefiting given perceptions of Modi as a leader who is business-friendly, dealers say.
Adani Enterprises Ltd (ADEL.NS) falls 5.9 percent ahead of its planned sale of 23 million shares on Friday.
Among other Adani group stocks, Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSE.NS) is down 2.8 percent, after rising 11.6 percent in December as of Wednesday's close.
Adani Power Ltd (ADAN.NS) falls 3.9 percent after gaining 29.2 percent this month.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces ban in Arab world
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- IndiGo plane evacuated after rear wheel catches fire in Nepal
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew went missing over the South China Sea on Saturday, presumed crashed, as ships and planes from countries closest to its flight path scoured a large search area for any wreckage. Full Article