Indian shares edge lower; auto, capital goods hit
MUMBAI Dec 20 (Reuters) - Indian shares fell on Thursday, led by declines in auto stocks such as Tata Motors which fell on profit booking, while capital goods stocks such as Larsen & Toubro fell on worries of a slowdown in order bookings.
Tata Motors provisionally fell 1.5 percent, while Larsen & Toubro ended 1.1 percent lower.
The BSE index provisionally fell 0.26 percent, while the 50-share NSE index ended down 0.22 percent. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Target breach could cost hundreds of millions, probe starts
- U.S. tries again to calm India over accused diplomat Khobragade
- UPDATE 2-Ryan O'Neal allowed to keep Warhol portrait of Farrah Fawcett
- Target customers seeing red over store purchase data breach
- Selena Gomez cancels Australia tour to 'spend time on myself'
The U.S. government sought to present a united front on Thursday and play down any signs of a rift between the State Department and law enforcement officials over how to handle the politically sensitive case of an Indian diplomat subjected to a strip search over alleged visa fraud. Full Article | Slideshow