Indian shares edge lower; auto, capital goods hit
MUMBAI Dec 20 (Reuters) - Indian shares fell on Thursday, led by declines in auto stocks such as Tata Motors which fell on profit booking, while capital goods stocks such as Larsen & Toubro fell on worries of a slowdown in order bookings.
Tata Motors provisionally fell 1.5 percent, while Larsen & Toubro ended 1.1 percent lower.
The BSE index provisionally fell 0.26 percent, while the 50-share NSE index ended down 0.22 percent. (Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
India's second-biggest private sector lender by assets on Tuesday reported a 20 percent rise in quarterly net profit, lagging estimates, due to higher tax expenses and provisioning for loan losses. Full Article | Quote
Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman. Full Article