Maruti Suzuki gains on benefits from weaker yen
Reuters Market Eye - Maruti Suzuki(MRTI.NS) shares gain 0.75 percent on bets a steep depreciation in the yen will boost earnings by reducing the costs of imports from Japan.
Since hitting a low of 1.3838 on July 25, the INR/JPY has risen to the current level of 1.5314.
Traders also cite a report in The Economic Times that Maruti Suzuki is looking to enter the small pick-up truck segment.
A spokesman for Maruti Suzuki declines to comment on the company's future product plans when contacted by Reuters.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- India TV anchor's number is up after naming China's Xi 'Eleven'
- Infosys partners with China's Huawei for cloud-based services
Scotland has chosen to stay in the United Kingdom, spurning independence in a historic referendum that had worried allies and investors, results showed on Friday with more than two thirds of the vote declared. Full Article
Obama to nominate Indian-American Richard Verma as India ambassador - congressional source. Full Article