Maruti Suzuki gains on benefits from weaker yen
Reuters Market Eye - Maruti Suzuki(MRTI.NS) shares gain 0.75 percent on bets a steep depreciation in the yen will boost earnings by reducing the costs of imports from Japan.
Since hitting a low of 1.3838 on July 25, the INR/JPY has risen to the current level of 1.5314.
Traders also cite a report in The Economic Times that Maruti Suzuki is looking to enter the small pick-up truck segment.
A spokesman for Maruti Suzuki declines to comment on the company's future product plans when contacted by Reuters.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Brookfield wins Revel Casino auction, but loser vows to fight
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX fall gets deeper as financial, energy shares drag
- UPDATE 2-EU-Russia gas duel deepens with Slovakia supply cut
- Billionaire Detroit business leader says "blight is like a cancer"
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article