Maruti Suzuki gains on benefits from weaker yen
Reuters Market Eye - Maruti Suzuki(MRTI.NS) shares gain 0.75 percent on bets a steep depreciation in the yen will boost earnings by reducing the costs of imports from Japan.
Since hitting a low of 1.3838 on July 25, the INR/JPY has risen to the current level of 1.5314.
Traders also cite a report in The Economic Times that Maruti Suzuki is looking to enter the small pick-up truck segment.
A spokesman for Maruti Suzuki declines to comment on the company's future product plans when contacted by Reuters.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
- UPDATE 4-Ted Turner rushed to clinic in Argentina with appendicitis-media
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
Sahara’s investment programmes include schemes that are similar to a typical Indian bank’s fixed or recurring deposits. But the arrest of the company's chief Subrata Roy last week and the court case over an outlawed bond scheme are raising fears among some investors who worry they will not get their money back. Full Article