Maruti Suzuki gains on benefits from weaker yen
Reuters Market Eye - Maruti Suzuki(MRTI.NS) shares gain 0.75 percent on bets a steep depreciation in the yen will boost earnings by reducing the costs of imports from Japan.
Since hitting a low of 1.3838 on July 25, the INR/JPY has risen to the current level of 1.5314.
Traders also cite a report in The Economic Times that Maruti Suzuki is looking to enter the small pick-up truck segment.
A spokesman for Maruti Suzuki declines to comment on the company's future product plans when contacted by Reuters.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Obamacare agency relies on manual back-ups as enrollment rises
- UPDATE 2-Pilots of Asiana crash knew speed was low -documents
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
- Uruguay's move to legalise marijuana breaks international treaty-INCB