Maruti Suzuki gains on benefits from weaker yen
Reuters Market Eye - Maruti Suzuki(MRTI.NS) shares gain 0.75 percent on bets a steep depreciation in the yen will boost earnings by reducing the costs of imports from Japan.
Since hitting a low of 1.3838 on July 25, the INR/JPY has risen to the current level of 1.5314.
Traders also cite a report in The Economic Times that Maruti Suzuki is looking to enter the small pick-up truck segment.
A spokesman for Maruti Suzuki declines to comment on the company's future product plans when contacted by Reuters.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- China's rate-cut likely to hurt banks, curb new loans to small borrowers
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Hitler watercolour fetches 130,000 euros at Nuremberg auction
- Magnitude 6.8 quake hits central Japan; no tsunami warning
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article