MARKET EYE-SGX Nifty falls as uncertainty grows over 'fiscal cliff'
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange falls 0.52 percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index, excluding Japan is down 0.68 percent. * Asian shares slid on Friday after a Republican proposal to fend off a U.S. fiscal crunch failed to get enough support, deepening uncertainty over prospects for the negotiations to avert automatic spending cuts and tax increases set to start in January. * Foreign investors bought 4.66 billion rupees of stocks, while domestic institutions sold 4.44 billion rupees of stocks on Thursday, when India's BSE index fell 0.11 percent. * Dealers say with parliament's winter session over, the rally's extension would not depend on how well RBI manages slowing growth and sticky inflation. (email@example.com /; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- New NATO leader offers olive branch to Russia
- Brookfield wins Revel Casino auction, but loser vows to fight
- Billionaire Detroit business leader says "blight is like a cancer"
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX fall gets deeper as financial, energy shares drag
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article