MARKET EYE-SGX Nifty falls as uncertainty grows over 'fiscal cliff'
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange falls 0.52 percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index, excluding Japan is down 0.68 percent. * Asian shares slid on Friday after a Republican proposal to fend off a U.S. fiscal crunch failed to get enough support, deepening uncertainty over prospects for the negotiations to avert automatic spending cuts and tax increases set to start in January. * Foreign investors bought 4.66 billion rupees of stocks, while domestic institutions sold 4.44 billion rupees of stocks on Thursday, when India's BSE index fell 0.11 percent. * Dealers say with parliament's winter session over, the rally's extension would not depend on how well RBI manages slowing growth and sticky inflation. (firstname.lastname@example.org /; email@example.com)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- India TV anchor's number is up after naming China's Xi 'Eleven'
- Infosys partners with China's Huawei for cloud-based services
Scotland has chosen to stay in the United Kingdom, spurning independence in a historic referendum that had worried allies and investors, results showed on Friday with more than two thirds of the vote declared. Full Article
Obama to nominate Indian-American Richard Verma as India ambassador - congressional source. Full Article