Markets Weekahead: Derivatives' expiry key for Indian stocks
Reuters Market Eye - Indian markets are expected to remain volatile ahead of the expiry of derivatives on Thursday and given the anxiety over the so-called U.S "fiscal cliff" negotiations at a time of thin volumes.
Developments in the U.S. fiscal cliff talks are expected to especially affect software service exporters such as Infosys (INFY.NS) and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS.NS).
Tuesday: Christmas holiday
Wednesday: The government may take a final call on raising import duties on sugar.
Thursday: Derivatives expiry for December
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- REFILE-British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- UPDATE 5-U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- UPDATE 4-Family Dollar spurns Dollar General bid on antitrust concerns
Government officials painted an upbeat picture for the economy on Thursday as it struggles to emerge from the longest spell of sub-par growth in decades and promised to tighten up risk management at the country's dominant state banks. Full Article