European stock index futures signal drop
PARIS Dec 21 (Reuters) - European stock index futures pointed to a drop on Friday, with shares set to trim recent lofty gains after a proposal from Republican leader John Boehner to avoid the "fiscal cliff" failed to get support from his party.
At 0702 GMT, futures for the Euro STOXX 50, Germany's DAX and France's CAC were down 0.4-0.7 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Chinese police shoot dead dozens after attack in Xinjiang
- In rare move, Canada accuses Chinese of trying to hack govt network
- L&T earnings raise 'multiple red flags' - Citi; stock slumps
Up to 150 people were feared trapped by a landslide triggered by heavy rains in Maharashtra on Wednesday, the inspector general of the national disaster force told Reuters, saying that the first batch of emergency workers had arrived at the scene. Full Article