Nomura warns about air conditioning sector in India
Reuters Market Eye - Nomura says it has come away "with extremely negative takeaways" for the Indian heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) market after meeting with Blue Star's (BLUS.NS) executive in charge of the segment.
Nomura says Blue Star sees the HVAC market suffering from declining orders and intensifying competition, according to a note dated on Thursday.
As such, margins are under pressure, while customers are delaying payments, Nomura says citing Blue Star's comments.
Nomura expects the negative trends in HVAC to also impact Voltas (VOLT.NS), noting the air conditioner maker has recently been aggressive in the domestic market following a slowdown in new order inflow in the overseas markets.
Blue Star shares fall 1 percent, while Voltas shares are down 2.1 percent.
(Reporting Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- India warns Pakistan of more pain in Kashmir fighting
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article