Nomura warns about air conditioning sector in India
Reuters Market Eye - Nomura says it has come away "with extremely negative takeaways" for the Indian heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) market after meeting with Blue Star's (BLUS.NS) executive in charge of the segment.
Nomura says Blue Star sees the HVAC market suffering from declining orders and intensifying competition, according to a note dated on Thursday.
As such, margins are under pressure, while customers are delaying payments, Nomura says citing Blue Star's comments.
Nomura expects the negative trends in HVAC to also impact Voltas (VOLT.NS), noting the air conditioner maker has recently been aggressive in the domestic market following a slowdown in new order inflow in the overseas markets.
Blue Star shares fall 1 percent, while Voltas shares are down 2.1 percent.
(Reporting Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
- Wipro sees strong sales growth, eyes Europe deals
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
India is set to offer Nepal a landmark pact to help develop its huge hydro-electric power potential as the South Asian giant takes another step to re-assert influence among smaller neighbours where China has been forging closer ties. Full Article