Nomura warns about air conditioning sector in India
Reuters Market Eye - Nomura says it has come away "with extremely negative takeaways" for the Indian heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) market after meeting with Blue Star's (BLUS.NS) executive in charge of the segment.
Nomura says Blue Star sees the HVAC market suffering from declining orders and intensifying competition, according to a note dated on Thursday.
As such, margins are under pressure, while customers are delaying payments, Nomura says citing Blue Star's comments.
Nomura expects the negative trends in HVAC to also impact Voltas (VOLT.NS), noting the air conditioner maker has recently been aggressive in the domestic market following a slowdown in new order inflow in the overseas markets.
Blue Star shares fall 1 percent, while Voltas shares are down 2.1 percent.
(Reporting Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge
- Islamic State releases video it says shows British journalist John Cantlie
- Jailed Fatah leader lauds Gaza 'victory', urges confrontation with Israel
- International country music singer George Hamilton IV dies at 77
China is not a warlike nation, President Xi Jinping said on Thursday, during a rare trip to neighbour India that was dominated by a standoff on a barren Himalayan plateau between soldiers from the world's two most populous nations. Full Article | Slideshow