Nomura warns about air conditioning sector in India
Reuters Market Eye - Nomura says it has come away "with extremely negative takeaways" for the Indian heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) market after meeting with Blue Star's (BLUS.NS) executive in charge of the segment.
Nomura says Blue Star sees the HVAC market suffering from declining orders and intensifying competition, according to a note dated on Thursday.
As such, margins are under pressure, while customers are delaying payments, Nomura says citing Blue Star's comments.
Nomura expects the negative trends in HVAC to also impact Voltas (VOLT.NS), noting the air conditioner maker has recently been aggressive in the domestic market following a slowdown in new order inflow in the overseas markets.
Blue Star shares fall 1 percent, while Voltas shares are down 2.1 percent.
(Reporting Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Insight - As Ukraine forces gain in east, focus of German diplomacy shifts
- REFILE-British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- UPDATE 4-Family Dollar spurns Dollar General bid on antitrust concerns
Government officials painted an upbeat picture for the economy on Thursday as it struggles to emerge from the longest spell of sub-par growth in decades and promised to tighten up risk management at the country's dominant state banks. Full Article