India advance tax receipts up 10.4 pct y/y for Dec 1-20
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's advance tax receipts grew an annual 10.4 percent to 782.3 billion rupees in the first 20 days of December, the finance ministry said in a statement on Monday.
The tax figures are for the period December 1 to December 20.
Advance tax collections grew 7.5 percent on year between April 1 and December 20, the statement added.
($1 = 55.1050 Indian rupees)
(Reporting by Rajesh Kumar Singh; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Rupee sees biggest fall in three weeks on broad dollar gains
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article