Kingfisher shares surge on TV reports of revival plan
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Kingfisher Airline (KING.NS) rise by the maximum daily limit of 5 percent after TV news channels reported the company has submitted a revival plan to the civil aviation authorities, without citing sources.
Kingfisher was not immediately available to comment.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation, India's aviation regulator, suspended Kingfisher's licence to fly in October after months of cancelled flights and staff walkouts.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Jindal Steel shelves $10 bln project after coal setback
- West not expected to demand Iran atom bomb "mea culpa" in deal
- U.S. seeks to step up India trade talks after WTO breakthrough
- Bomber targeted police commander in Afghan volleyball game attack
- India targets private cash to build railways to its ports
The main opposition Congress party signalled on Monday it could support government legislation to liberalise the insurance industry, a long-delayed reform expected to help improve investor confidence. Full Article
Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors lift 2014 global sales target on China, emerging markets Full Article