ITV to buy majority stake in Gurney Productions of U.S.
(Reuters) - Britain's ITV Plc (ITV.L) said it will buy a 61.5 percent stake in U.S.-based Gurney Productions, which makes reality programs, for $40 million to boost its production business in the United States.
"Our studios business is already showing strong organic growth and the acquisition of Gurney is an important step forward as we continue to expand our international production capability," ITV Chief Executive Adam Crozier said in a statement.
Britain's largest free-to-air commercial broadcaster would have the option to buy the remaining 38.5 percent stake in Gurney three years after the deal through the fifth year.
ITV shares closed at 106.6 pence on the London Stock Exchange on Friday.
(Reporting by Monika Shinghal in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Sensex surges 500 points on BOJ easing, L&T gains
- PRECIOUS-Gold, silver tumble to four-year lows as dollar rallies
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows